Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Day 2

So I continued to crochet today. After yesterday's success with the granny square, I thought, "How much harder can a ball be?" Well, as it turns out, circles are a cinch, but for some reason, I can't wrap my head around the construction of a ball. Joining the 3D world is proving to be more difficult than I expected. Once again, I don't have the examples to show...I know, I'm horrible. But hey, if I showed you some pictures, I'm sure you'd be less than inspired to pick up some yarn and a crochet hook and start turning out balls and dolls.

On the bright side, I haven't given up hope yet. I'm still working on making that stupid ball and once I get there, I'll feel much much better. Aside from that good news, I also figured out how to make scallops. Very, very easy... I'm thinking about sewing it to the bottom of a tshirt or tank top...or using it as a border for a pillow! Oh the possibilities! I'm so excited.

(Excuse my appearance, I'm in the middle of doing laundry, and it's 11:00 pm...)

3 comments:

Regina said...

Oooo! Very nice...I'm surprised that it's really easy to do. The last time I crocheted, I tried to make a sleeping mask. Turns out that I don't know how to count or pick up stiches properly and the little blip for my nose ended up under my left eye. =P

Regina said...

Lol...I don't know if you did this already, but I clicked on your picture and it led me to your web album. So I put it on slide show mode and press next a lot of times really fast and it looked like you were doing a mini cabbage patch dance with your project. LOL...it gave me a good laugh at work.

Anonymous said...

youre doing really well in the crocheting!!! youve got to teach me how to do that so we can make our own zero calorie burgers and other food LOL!!! but seriously teach me what you know!!!