Thursday, April 19, 2007

Another Crochet Cupcake



Ok, I know, I know, all I've been showing lately are cupcakes, but hey, who doesn't love them? It's bite sized cake! But really, I'm just trying to perfect it. This one here that my trusty assistant, Mr. Diva, is holding is about half the size of the last crochet cupcake. Instead of putting scallops on the edge of the cupcake, I tried to create some sort of edge at the bottom so that the cake part would hang over the cup just a little. And it worked until it got stuffed...it stretched out a little. And instead of a plain cake with a cherry on top this time, I put a little sort of glaze there and I really like the result. All in all, I'm really happy with this result, but next time, I have to find a way to stuff it better.

Yesterday, I made an ice cream cone and it turned out really well. I was at my boyfriend's house when I did it, so I didn't have the pillow stuffing I usually use. Instead, I used a sock and it came out really sturdy! Just not very squishy. I should find some sort of medium. Anyway, I gave it to my cousin for her 14th birthday but I didn't get to take a picture of it... Sorry! But I'll take one next time I see her, or maybe I'll just make another one.

No comments: