Monday, March 5, 2007

Good Read

We weren't terribly busy on Sunday, so I actually had time to start and finish Lemony Snicket's Series of Unfortunate Events. It's an interesting and pretty educating read. Throughout the book, Snicket uses "big" words (I'll admit that I didn't know what a few of them meant) but then gives a definition and even the occasional sample sentence. Aside from being useful, it's a really fun story and now that I think about it, I can't believe that I forgot to pick up book 2 from my cousin. I recommend reading this book and if you feel like splurging a little, buy the set. I bought it for my cousin for Christmas with my boyfriend's help and she got so excited over it. =D Nice to see kids (or really anyone now a days) getting excited over education. So treat your friends, family, and secretly--yourself to a fun filled adventure accompanied by some very smart, inventive, and charming protagonists as well as the classic love to hate villans.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've read a couple of the books from the series. I actually got mad once because I went to the library to check out several of the books from the series, and they didn't have book five. I was about to complain. Lol, yeah, you do learn from those books.

-Daisy